How Do You Clear A Flooded Coil?
If the vapour isn't pulling through or you hear a gurgling noise when you inhale on your e-cig then you've probably got a flooded coil. E-juice leaking through the airflow holes is also a sign e-liquid has soaked into your atomiser coil without being vaporised. Why do you coils get saturated? What can you do to prevent this? Below are some common causes and how to fix them:
What causes a flooded coil?
• Drawing too hard on some devices and the coil becomes over-saturated.
• Old or un-replaced coils: As coils age, they can lose their ability to absorb e-liquid.
• The power setting is too low. When this happens, the coil is not receiving enough power to vapourise the e-liquid correctly.
• Filling the e-cig tank incorrectly. The most common error here is getting e-juice in the central chimney which leads directly to the coil. Make sure the e-liquid goes down the side of the tank and not down the centre.
• Not replacing coils. As atomisers age, they lose their ability to absorb liquids.
• Overfilling the tank: When filling a tank with an open centre channel, make sure that the e-liquid goes down the side of the reservoir, and not down the centre reservoir.
• Inferior or broken O-rings. If the O-rings are damaged or slide out of position, it can cause flooding.
How to Clear a Flooded Atomiser / Coil.
There are numerous ways to clear a coil, but we are sticking to the most straightforward:
• Turn it upside down and allow it to drain for a while.
• Remove the coil and tank from your device. Blow through the coil to clear any residual liquid out.
• Remove the tank, fire up the device and burn off the excess e-liquid.
• Replace the O-rings. Many tanks come with replacement O-rings. It's worth checking and replacing them if they have been damaged or are worn.
• Remove the tank and clean with hot water. Once you have done this, it's crucial to ensure your coil is completely dry before using again.
Buying a new tank.
If the problem persists, it's probably a good idea purchasing a new tank. Modern tanks are designed to minimise flooding. There are plenty of easy-to-use tanks on GoSmokeFee website which cuts out airflow and reduces the risk of flooding.